This online CPO® course is designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operation. This body of knowledge is covered in the eighteen (18) chapters, glossary and appendices of the Certified Pool-Spa Operator Handbook. The Certified Pool-Spa Operator Handbook is not a substitute for state or local regulations.
At the conclusion of the CPO® course, participants should:
- Understand the role an operator plays in pool operation and management.
- Develop a network of resource materials and personal contacts.
- Be able to help identify and minimize physical, chemical, and biological hazards.
- Be familiar with various local regulations and industry standards governing pool operation and the importance of a positive relationship with local regulatory agencies.
- Understand the need for testing and documentation as it relates to pool and spa operation.
- Be able to perform pool calculations as they relate to pool and equipment measurements and chemical usage computations
Participants should also understand the basic concepts of:
- Pool management
- Water quality management
- System components
- System maintenance
- Pool and spa design
- Special needs of hot water spa environments